Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Purple Heart


So I came up with another creative urge.`Another necklace -My Purple Heart was born.

Here, I have chosen the amethyst glass beads which are actually very very tiny teardrops,(the most delicate, tender, forgiving shade of purple) as the main thread. This will be holding the playful bunches of pink bicone crystals.

Look at the wires at the end of the swarovski crystal bicones.. They are individually wrapped with unique twists.. No easy quickfixes with commercial headpins.

Here, I played with the light and dark shades at the two sides of the locket. Oh, by the way I learned this new trick of wire work that I have applied in wrapping the locket. Did you notice that? This locket is a highly faceted Czech glass briolette crystal. It is so capable of splashing beautiful rainbow hues just agreeing with your mood.

So, how do you like it? Did you like Pinky Princess better or My Purple Heart? None of them? - Really!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hello Dita,
Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog so I may find yours! What beautfiful jewelry you make! Did you join Barefoot after reading my blog post if I may ask or were you already an affiliate?
Warmly,
Suzanne

Anindita Basu said...

Dear Suzanne,
Thank you for your kind words and visiting me. I went to Yosemite this weekend and got very inspired to create a new piece of jewelry. After that I wrote my blog and found your comment. It was so nice, like getting a letter in the mail box, which doesn't happen much these days. We rather get that kind of joy in the internet now!

I had no idea about Bare foot before your introduction. Now I want to be involved and I am waiting to be an Affiliate.

Do visit me again and I'll do the same. With all the best- Dita.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...