Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Knitting with beads and wire

Knitting with beads and wire is my new passion now.  I used to knit a lot when my girls were little, then I picked up beading.  Now I find that I am inclined to knitting with beads and wire.

Knitting with wire is quite different from knitting with yarn.  Wire knitting can tense your fingers.  Now it is getting better each time.  The wire loops will not be the same as working with yarn.  Then again knitting with wire has its own good things.  It is much forgiving in terms of shape.

My very first book was Knitting with Beads  which I got as a Christmas gift in 2009 from my daughter .I did not see too many books in this area.  So this time from the library I brought some craft books ( March is National Craft Month, I came to learn) and one of them really caught my eye.  It is Element of Style by





I think I'll try quite a few designs from here.  I came to know that there is a yarn named Habu which is just what I was looking for.  I knew it exited but I was not sure what to ask when I go to the knitting store.

Now I am a person who cannot really follow a recipe or direction all the way.  If I am not really judged or tested, once I understand the basic I deviate.  So this is what I tried from her book




and this is what I came up with.

Did you see any books on bead knitting?  Will you please let me know? 




 





3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the earrings you created. I have played around with knitting wire with beads and it is so fun! Chrissie Day of the UK has written books on this. Her books are available on amazon.com. ~Val

Anindita Basu said...

Thanks Val. Chrissie Day..I'll check it out.

Terry Pugh said...

Beautiful earrings lady. How have you been?

Blessings,
Terry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...