Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Hop Reveal

What did I do with all those beautiful beads my bead partner Debbie Davis  sent to me?

Well, today is the day to bring my soup finished and show it to the three hundred and ninty nine  plus members who took part in this bead soup party,  like me.  Before everything,  I bow to our organizer Lori Anderson who had conducted this whole thing and gave us this wonderful opportunity.

Here are my goodies.

Few weeks ago my partner Debbie sent me these wonderful beads.


With the focal:

I was excited to see the donut shell .  I had bought a fantastic tutorial from an amazing wire artist named Donna Spadafore.  .  You can find this in her Gailavira etsy store.  I did not have any donut bead.  So I decided to try it here first.  I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge, even though you'll see my novice work there.  But this is my first try with this complicated design.




I knew that I'd use the heishi beads with this shell pendant.  But after finishing I am having doubt - probably the shell pendant did not need this extra adornment.  It was pretty enough to start with.  What do you think?


With the clasp:

The clasp is so pretty I wanted it to be shown in the front.and  I wanted  to use the green agate beads she sent with the cute filigree connectors.  So, in the beginning this is what I made.  It was a long necklace about 30" long.


But it kind of missed the oomph!  It was too plain.  So I broke it and spent a whole afternoon staring as that torn  piece.  I knew I did not have much time .  I grabbed my design journal and started to doodle.



How about having  chains in one side and something...something on the other?  Now something what?

 Then I found that  I had these mini malachite chips that raised their hands to be part of it.  I told them I'll think it over,  they have some chance as they are green too but can't promise yet.

 You can see from my diary that I was a bit scared to take this leap.  I like asymmetry more than symmetry but then there has to be a  rhythm, a  balance .  I just don't want to be too radical and make it tacky!

However, I tried it.


 Still not quite sure until wore it.




Not too bad.  I can carry this.

Oh, I forgot about the earrings.  Here they are.  I know I'll be using them a lot.



So what do you think?

This blog hop was my second one.  I enjoyed it intensely and it gave me a chance to take risk and jump out of my usual style, and comfort zone.  That is an important part in this journey of being a jewelry artist ( wanna be artist )  I think,  with all its agony and ecstasy.

Be sure to check out all the other artists who were part of this party world wide and you may find some amazing jewelry that you never saw before.

Thank you for dropping by.  Your comments will be my treasures.




48 comments:

CraftyHope said...

I really like the additional strands you added to the toggle necklace. It gives it some bulk and importance that the first design didn't have. Nice job!!

Sandra said...

great pieces!

Unknown said...

Very nice creation.

Deb Davis said...

Wow! I love what you did with this. So creative. Completely different than anything I would have come up with. What a great job you did. Kudos! Also you were a fantastic partner. It was great getting to know you a little.

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Great bead soup! Love the first necklace :)

Pretty Things said...

How very clever with the clasp! Adding the dangles was perfect! Terrific job.

adlinah said...

The shell necklace is perfectly fine! The heishi beads work, don't worry :-). I like how you were willing to take apart the second necklace and re work it - I think either piece would have worked, and they are both beautiful. But the new, reinvented necklace is more unique design I feel, and is rather striking. Love the little green earrings too.

Shyme said...

Lovely pieces! The first necklace is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic necklace, great detailling

Shai Williams said...

I just love what you did with the second necklace. It is very stunning.

Anonymous said...

I really like what you did to all the focal areas. Great work!

The Jewelry Larder said...

I LOVE your pieces! You total took the beads given to you to whole new level. The first piece with the donut focal is beautiful! I love what u did to the donut. I couldn't tell you were a novice.

The second piece is my favorite. I love the asymmetrical necklace and really like how u put everything together with the toggle at the side. The additional strands really looked so much nicer.

Francy said...

very cool designs!

JuLee said...

WOW! That necklace looks great around your neck.

Jean A. Wells said...

Wow! I love that malachite necklace. I really like jewelry with complex construction and that one is a home run. Love it. Great job!

Unknown said...

Glad you made the jump to try something new. I think it turned out beautiful.

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Fantastic jewels!Beautiful works! Congrats!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love the second necklace, great solution you find! really good job.
also first necklace is beautiful!
ciao dall'Italia

elisabeth said...

Great pieces -congratulations on trying new things with beautiful results!

Unknown said...

Really beautiful.Love and Hugs Tanya

Becky Pancake said...

Good job on your asymmetrical necklace. It looks kool on you. I think that the malachite chips added a lot.

Andrea said...

Loved the fact that you tried new techniques. I think the third necklace really worked.

min said...

the shell donut necklace is absolutely beautiful.. i simply love the colours of that piece... and i think the second round of the toggle clasp necklace was a complete success!!

Lola said...

Both necklaces are lovely. I love the detail of the embellishment you created!

Kim said...

I think the heishi beads work fine with the donut. Beautiful, especially since it's the first time you did this. I love your pieces!

Kris Lanae Binsfeld said...

Wow, I am impressed that you broke down the necklace and recreated it... I like both of them, but clearly the new design was meant to be! Super fun blog hop!!

Kris

A Polymer Penchant said...

Sometimes wearingit is the only way to know for sure. Great job!

Melissa said...

WOW. Way to dress up the first piece. That totally changed it and made it something else! Beautiful. I liked the second piece, and then LOVED the changes you made to it. I am glad you took the leap. :)

Melissa Muir
http://design.kcjewelbox.com

Anonymous said...

Great job. Loved the insight into your design process too!

Courtney Breul said...

Great soup! I do love the re-work and love how you made the clasp the focal!

Shirley said...

I do like the changes you made to the second necklace, it makes it stand out and get noticed! Those earrings are just too cute!

Barb Fernald said...

OOhh! I think you nailed it! These look great. I love seeing how brave people have been with the BSBP. Trying so many new techniques.

Unknown said...

That necklace is amazing. I've used that same toggle a few times and love it! I know it's big but it's perfect. Your earrings are so simple and luxurious - I'd wear them all the time!

White Horse Beading said...

You did a great job with the asymmetry, it's beautiful, and your first try at that wire work is very good. That's what it's all about, trying new techniques, and you did great!

Debbie said...

Wow!! You are very creative and I know it's hard when you think you should do something else after you've done the piece!! So many great ideas! thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog and commenting!! Happy Beading!

april grinaway said...

Funky fun ! Love your style ~

Anonymous said...

I love that you were brave and it paid off!

Shanti Harvell said...

Wow luv your creativity and your designs! Totally rock out! Luv the added strands to necklace! So way kewl!!!

baymoondesign said...

I love what you did with the donut in the first necklace. I have been known to take apart finished necklaces so I thought it was interesting to see the before and after. Actually, I liked the necklace both ways.

BluMoon said...

What lovely things you made the donut is exceptional with the great wire embellishment.
Jackie

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Dita,
Beautiful pieces!
Therese

Almost Precious said...

You created the perfect balance. I love the addition of the malachite chips, they give the piece a nice texture. For your first attempt a doing a wire work donut pendant, you did a marvelous job. Looks gorgeous to me. :)

Thank you for your lovely thoughts and good wishes - I sincerely appreciate them. :)

one-eared pig said...

definitely love the asymmetrical one!

Heather said...

Great pieces!! I love how you made the toggle clasp a feature!

Krafty Max Originals said...

Well, you might have had a hard time in the design process, but you did an amazing job!!!

Megilon said...

I love the use of a toggle as a focal that a cool idea! Beautiful pieces! I love the shell focal!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful job with your soup. Your pieces are lovely.

Chelle said...

I really love what you did.. The clasp is awesome. great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...