Friday, June 27, 2014

How to put a Navbar on my blog and organize posts accordingly

How to put Navbar on my blog and organize posts accordingly - that was exactly what I had been struggling to find out lately.



You may laugh at my problem but I am sure there are people who are just as web savvy as I am.  The learning curve is different for each of us and we are at different spots in that huge curve too.

But I found out that if you are persistent there is a way.

There are lots of generous people out there who are willing to share what they know.

Just put your problem in the search and you'll get some where.

First of all, there are some  You tube videos  by John Sommers   that were were helpful.  But you do forget important steps  just viewing or listening. You need that guide when you are doing it.

 So I went to this site.  She explained it just in a way that I could understand.

I printed out this valuable post. Just follow the steps.

How I put the Navbar:

She literally took me by my hand, follow the steps in her blog. and I could put  the Navbar in the  Lay out page of  my  blog

At this point I have just two labels or titles or categories - Business and Tutorials.

I have 155 posts so far.  They are  all over my blog  .  I wanted my readers to find what they need, when they need,  that I have taken time to write for them.

I want to share my mistakes and my success to help  others.  That is why I was trying to put a  Navbar in my blog.

Why didn't I do it earlier?

I tried,  but I was not this persistent .  I was determined  not to quit until I  learn it and find it,  this time.

And I did. And if I can,  I am sure any body  would too.

Organizing the posts under the relevant labels:

Now organizing my posts according to the labels is another road block where I got stuck for a long time.

This wonderful writer whom I don't know personally, cleared it for me.

All you have  to do is go to your post and  at the bottom, just before the comments, in my case,  you see the picture of a  pen, click it. 

It will take you to the HTML page where you  write, where you can edit your work.  At the very right hand side you'll find the word Label with a little tab icon.  Just write your label there, for example I might write the word Tutorial or Business for my two labels that I am working on.

Now click View Blog.  You'll find at the very end of your post - just before comments- the word Label and your specific label ( tutorials in my case or Business) .

Now if you click that word all the posts that have that particular label will appear there.  So you will get all my tutorials under the Tutorials heading.

Isn't that cool?

And most importantly I learned something that I was trying to learn for a long time.  It was great sharing it with you.

I have tried many blogs and web sites that tried to answer this question or solve this problem.  These two were the most lucid ones for me. And I want to thank them profusely.

2 comments:

Divya N said...

you can simply add the pages widget and either create separate pages (with images or links of articles in that section) or just link them to tags like you have done now

Anindita Basu said...

Thank you Divya N, Now I also know where to go when I am stuck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...